Sunday, March 30, 2008

KnitForKids Sweater #1 for 2008


Finished seaming a tee-sweater for KnitForKids. Not sure if I really like this one. I'll stick to tried and true in the future. The bodice and bottom ribbing is different on either side. The common denominator is the variegated yarn in the body of the sweater. Added a row of single crochet at the neck and sleeve edges in the variegated for contrast. I'm just glad that a child somewhere will have something warm to wear.

I'm seaming another sweater for this charity and will post it shortly. Trying to knit about 12 sweaters or one a month for 2008. The thing is to make sure that I knit for all sizes (2 - 10) and not just the smaller sizes. I don't have children of my own to knit for, so knitting for this charity fills the void. Yes, I am one sweater behind. Need to get the needles clicking to meet my goal.



No comments: