Tuesday, September 23, 2008

KnitForKids Sweater #5 for 2008 Plus More

Finally, I had the opportunity to get Hubby to take some pictures for me of #5 KnitForKids Sweater and #6 that is on the needles this past weekend. #5 has been done for some time, but just have not taken the time to post the finished sweater. Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I think this will look good on a little guy. So here it is with one of my roosters guarding the finished product:


Here is a picture of KnitForKids #6 that is on the needles. The yarn is a lighter weight and has a knubby texture of baby colors. So this one will be ideal for a little one age two and under.


I am probably not real fond of this yarn, but using up the stash. Really quite a simple knitting project to do, but it is sitting for extended periods of time that I can not take right now. I may take this one with me when I lay down (semi-propped up in bed) in the evenings to rest the back and work on it for a few rows until done. Talk about falling short of my goal for the year 2008. I really need to get cracking.


And then there is the February Lady Sweater for Bunny that is on the needles:

This is made out of a multi-color cotton thread that I picked up at Patternworks. The picture really does not do justice to the color of the yarn. When finished, I will post again, but from a different area in the house to get the correct lighting. I started, stopped, frogged, started, stopped, frogged and started again to get the correct size for Bunny's sweater. I used a different type of raglan on this since the lace is called gull stitch. I wanted something that would play off that stitch and have included a raised stitch and yarn over at the raglan instead of M1. I think it makes the blend much better. My personal opinion only. I have multi-color cotton yarn to make Baby her sweater as well in shades of pink. All of my knitting in time and as the back allows.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL You will never ever make me another sweater after your experience with that one O_o"

It looks nice! I love the kids' sweaters too :)

Theresa said...

Looks like you have been getting a lot of knitting done. How is your back doing? I have been thinking about the February lady sweater but I'm not sure how it would look on me!