Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two Year Blog Anniversary

Today is the two year anniversary since I starting blogging. A lot has happened in that two year period. Some of the events during that time period have made me take pause.

In May of 2009, my mother passed away. Definitely an unexpected loss for our family. There has been a great void in our lives since then. I miss her each and every day.

In the fall, a nephew came to live with me so that he could attend college here. I have been trying to think of a name to give him for blog purposes and so far I've come up with nothing. He has to be the New York Yankees #1 fan. Maybe something along that line. Or maybe something to do with weather since that is his focus in college. Something will come to mind.

In September, I finally had surgery on my lower back. At the time, I thought I made the greatest mistake in my life. The pain did not seem to ease up. Thankfully, young nephew was with me during the day to help me get around. He was my lifesaver for 6-8 weeks while I was recovering. He still does so much for me around the house and never complains. Now I can walk and stand again with virtually no pain. I do know when I've done too much because my back screams with pain. So I know my limitations. Goal is to walk two miles a day again.

Knitting was not the greatest in 2009, but I hope that 2010 will be different. So far I've finished a baby sweater that is a gift for a friend and there is another one on the needles for yet another friend. Also, I have a baby blanket on the needles for a friend who will be a grandmother soon. It is my decision this year to knit birthday gifts for the family instead of store-bought presents. I sure hope they like their gifts.

Hopefully, 2010 will be a great year with memories to be made and more to write about on the blog!

Snowbird

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary!!!

Can't wait to see pics of your knitting projects!