Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year !

Snowbird and part of family went to the downtown festivities last night and enjoyed the music, the Moon Pie rising and fireworks! My first really big big outing in quite a while.

Today, I made my family a semi-traditional New Years meal that included: Hoppin' John, cornbread and collards. The collards were drained and patted dry from the can and buried in a pizza with turkey pepperoni, lowfat mozarella cheese, feta cheese, and tomato sauce. I thought if you can put spinach on a pizza, why not collards. Pretty much covered all that was needed for good luck and wealth in the food that was made.

I have picked up the knitting needles again after a really long absence from knitting. The surgery and recovery along with going back to work has not helped my creativity one bit. Hopefully, I can get going again with the knitting. I can think of all sort of gifts I want to knit for Christmas this year. Just need to set my mind to it and get the needles clicking.

My best to all in this new year of 2010!

1 comment:

Scrabblequeen said...

Good to see blogging again, as well as knitting! Happy and prosperous New Year to you.