Monday, March 16, 2009

Proud Aunt That I Am

This aunt has to do a little bragging on young niece--Bunny. She has finished stitching a large sampler named "Elements". Needless to say, I am very impressed with the finished project both front and back. She asked me to teach her how to cross stitch when she returned from England (after a year getting her masters degree) and that was all it took. She bought books, checked books out of the library, searched the internet and then went to stitching. The "Elements" sampler pattern was a gift to Bunny for Christmas. She has been working on it steadily over the last few months. So now I would like to share the finished object:



I am just immeasurably proud of Bunny. When she frames and hangs her handiwork, I will post again so you can see the finished piece. Bunny, I hope you don't mind that I snatched your picture from your blog to show it off to the knitting community.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks :) I don't mind that you posted my pic!!

It's a shame that you don't have the camera with you this week! I could have downloaded those pics of your knitted scarves, etc for you so you could post something new!!

My framing will have to wait a while, but it will be nice to finish!

Love ya!