Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Year Older and Granny Watch

Yep today was another milestone--one year older. My family didn't let me forget this day. I received some very nice presents and gift cards to one of my favorite book stores.

It has been an interesting week to say the least. My Mom fell and fractured a pelvic bone last Saturday. So all of us are on "Granny watch" for up to four weeks or two months at the most. Doesn't help my lower back helping her get up and down, but you do what you have to do. So when she is safe and secure in her recliner, I lay back down and give the back some rest and suck down the medicine. My sisters and nieces are very much involved in my Mom's care too. We have rotating schedules. When your Mom is almost 88 years of age, any fall is dangerous. We knock on wood that this one was not a broken hip.

Well, going to hop in bed and look at some of my new knitting books. Have to be at work early tomorrow-6AM. Work schedule changed to take care of Mom. We all have some very understanding employers.

No comments: