Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America Has Spoken!

So yesterday, November 4, 2008, was our time as a nation to cast our vote for either Democrat, Republican or Independent. Late last night the votes were tallied and the winner was declared--President Elect Obama. Both speeches from John McCain and Barack Obama were great.
*
Now it is time for our future new President and his soon to be appointed staff to help all Americans put this country back on track. Economics is the issue that seems to be in the forefront and it monopolizes the thoughts of many Americans. I am very blessed to have a job and a husband with employment. I thank God every day for those blessings. So many Americans are losing jobs with no prospect of finding immediate employment. I pray that jobs will become available to all those seeking employment so that their economic needs will be met.
*
I am not sure if I can help in some small way economically, but I posted, as a comment, in someone else's blog that we, as knitters, can help by supporting our LYS or LNS. We can also support those within our own states and within the US by purchasing knitting supplies from them. Not to say we can't shop outside of the US, we can. We have a demand for supplies related to knitting, spinning, weaving, crocheting, etc and there is a supply. Remember to check out the resources made available whether it be on-line, in magazine advertisements or your LYS or LNS. I think one of the things that made me the unhappiest, was to see our LYS close. We have a new yarn shop and I couldn't be happier.
*
I haven't posted any knitting lately, but I have my KnitForKids sweaters knit through #9. I don't have them seamed yet, but I will get to that soon. My goal is to have all of them made through sweater #12 before mid-December and in the mail. Pictures to come soon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You made a good point about supporting our LNS or LYS.

(sigh) I wish the new yarn shop had at least some other craft supplies too!!

You are right, both candidates did well on their speeches.

Theresa said...

It's so nice to see a post from you. I keep checking and have been meaning to email you but it has been a little hectic around here lately.