Saturday, June 21, 2008

Clean and Recyle on Saturday


Well Snowbird will certainly be busy today with the help of hubby. Waiting for dear hubby to crawl out of bed. He likes to sleep in on Saturday. I'll make some coffee and have a little breakfast and maybe work on some knitting until he gets up. Like to keep the noise down. But after that, going to clean house and take some items to the recycle center. The picture posted is the last accumulation of plastic bottles and cans that made it to the center between two households--mine and little sisters. Today's load is equally as large and about one month later. I have purchased bins to store the cans and plastic so that they don't make it to the regular trash pick-up. I can't say enough about recycling. Every little bit helps. Take care of Mother Earth and she will take care of you. I am researching to see if I can find a knitted (washable) grocery bag so that I won't have to deal with plastic bags. Looking for one with a great bottom and sides that expand with durable handles. So many things on my "to do" list.

No comments: